We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to enhance your overall SECURELY® experience. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. If you would rather not receive any marketing emails from us, you may opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send to you.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- When you engage with us on social media, for instance by contacting us on Facebook.
- When you contact us for any reason, such as with queries, complaints etc.
- When you engage in other promotional activity with us.
- When you choose to complete any surveys, we send you or when you join the SECURELY® Feedback community.
- When you fill in any forms in relation to our business.
- We may collect personal data about you from publicly available sources (such as the New Zealand census).
WHAT SORT OF DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- If you have a SECURELY® subscription: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, email address, phone number, email preferences (if you complete these on our Preference form), and details about your orders and receipts. If you have an online account, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password, for your security.
- Details of your interactions with us online. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you make and your shopping preferences, voucher redemptions, and how and when you contact us.
- Encrypted payment card information when you purchase from our website.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We will use the postal address you provide to us to deliver the goods you purchase. If you give us permission, we will also send you direct marketing information by email or post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you. (As noted below, you can opt out of receiving this marketing material at any stage.)
- We’ll use your email address so we can get in touch to let you know where your online order is, if you have given us email marketing permission we’ll send you promotional marketing about our great deals, news and information about new products.
- We will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
- We also combine the anonymised shopping histories of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand or develop new products/services. Any information automatically retrieved, such as website browsing patterns, will be used only in aggregate form, (so that no individual visitors are identified).
- We use your shopping history and your personal data combined with census and other third party data to segment our Customer base and create relevant and tailored offers and experiences and to target our marketing communications.
- We use member data to allow us to reach audiences in social media and through digital marketing channels. We also use member data in order to reach relevant members to conduct research or to invite you to join our SECURELY® research panel. We may provide member data to third party research agencies in order to recruit members for focus groups or research studies.
- When we offer competitions and promotions, or join with other companies to do so, customers who choose to participate in those competitions and promotions may be asked to provide personal information to be eligible to participate. That information may then be used by us and by any company offering the competition or promotion to notify winners or to fulfil promotional obligations. Only details you have provided as part of entering the competition will be provided to third party companies. SECURELY® will not provide your customer data to a third party except where the third party must contact the winners directly and this is expressly provided for in the competition terms and conditions.
- When we join with other companies to offer or provide products, services, competitions or promotions, SECURELY® and the other company may cross-reference our customer databases to identify common customers. SECURELY® and the other company may use that existing information to identify future promotional opportunities and to fulfil promotional or contractual obligations.
If, prior to participating in a promotion, you opted not to receive information about or mailings from us, you may still receive information from or about SECURELY® in connection with the competition or promotion if you choose to register for or participate in it. You may opt not to participate in these competitions or promotions if you do not want to receive information about SECURELY® or share your information with SECURELY® and the other companies sponsoring those contests or promotions.
What are your rights over your data?
REMOVING CONSENT TO USE CONTACT INFORMATION
- If you no longer wish to receive Direct Marketing from SECURELY® you can opt out of all email marketing communication by visiting our Preference Centre through the link at the bottom of any of our emails or by calling our call centre. To unsubscribe from Postal mail please call or email us and we can update this for you. Please note that it may take a few days for opt outs to take effect
- If at any point you wish to understand what data we hold about you, you can ask us. You can also ask us to correct the data we hold about you. Your personal data can be accessed and updated by logging in to your membership on the Website or calling our call centre.
- You can choose how SECURELY® communicates with you through the SECURELY® Preference Centre which you can access from any email we have sent you or through the Website. Your choices on the Preference Centre will be used to tailor how we contact you with marketing information.
How does SECURELY® protect customer information?
As required by the Privacy Act 1993, we follow strict security procedures in the storage of personal information that we hold about you to prevent loss, as well as unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. For instance, we provide staff with individualised log ins and make sure staff are only given a level of access to our database that reflects the requirements of their role.
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Will SECURELY® disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
SECURELY® does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. SECURELY® may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. We will share customer data with research agencies in order to recruit relevant members to research studies or focus groups. When offering a promotion or competition with a third-party vendor, information about the winner will only be shared with that vendor if this is expressly set out in the Terms and Conditions for the competition or promotion.
SECURELY® complies fully with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorise any third party to use your email address without your permission. If you feel you have received an email from us in error, please contact SECURELY® at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and emails, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services. We will give such companies and individuals access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but they may not use it for any other purposes and are required to process the data in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
What about links to other websites and services?
The SECURELY® website may contain links to other sites which are not administered or governed by SECURELY®. These are provided solely for the convenience of our visitors. SECURELY® is not responsible for the content of these websites. If you choose to click on the link to another website to use its services or resources, SECURELY® is not liable in respect of your use of the linked website.
Tell us what you think
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy at SECURELY®. Please send emails to email@example.com.